Tyin-Filefjell Winter Ski Touring (2/3 Days)Share:
Welcome to Filefjell and experience an exotic adventure!
Mountain adventures are often associated with summer activities such as hiking and cycling, but the conditions can also be amazing during winter with soft powder snow and enchanting lights. Welcome to our 2-3 day ski touring adventure in the heart of Filefjell. Tyin/Filefjell lies South East of Jotunheimen. Here, a combination of high volume of precipitation and cold winters provides excellent snow conditions, perfect for ski touring! The Filefjell area is very diverse in terms of nature which gives us the luxury of having access to both high peaks and pine tree forest; the classical Skørsnøse-Stølsnøse is perfect for high peaks, while Smeddalen and Galden – Tyinstølsnøe offer a large variety of different routes. In the lower lands, you can try skiing through the valley and forest around Finndalshorn.
Our experienced and professional local guides welcome people of all ages and level of skill, and will accompany you and tailor the tour to your needs and experience level. Depending on the weather conditions and the group’s expectations, the guides will find the most suitable route on the day of the tour.
Join us for one night and one day of ski touring, two nights and one day of ski touring, or two nights and two full days of ski touring!
Accommodation, food and drinks:
- All accommodations included
- Food and drinks are served at accommodation
- 1 night at Filefjellstuene
- 1 extra night available as add-on.
Please bring the following equipment. Please contact us for equipment rental. Snow slide equipment is mandatory and available as add-on
- Backcountry skis and/ or Mountain skis
- Ski poles
- Snow slide equipment: spade, avalanche transceiver and a search pole are mandatory
- Day 1: Arrive at Filefjellstuene by Valdresekspressen
- Day 2: Ski Touring Tyin/Filefjell Area (and Departure)
- Day 3: Free time at Filefjellstuene and Departure
- /Day 3: Ski Touring Tyin/Filefjell Area and Departure
Note: Ski touring days are on Thursday and Friday, with arrival the day before (arrival on Wednesday for ski touring on Thursday, arrival on Thursday for ski touring on Friday). If you wish to go ski touring on both Thursday and Friday make sure you book from Wednesday, and tick the box for “Extra Overnight Stay and Second Day Ski Touring”
Filefjellstuene is located in beautiful surroundings, in the heart of Tyin/Filefjell. It is a lively place both during summer and winter as there are loads of activities to do here such as ski touring, cross country skiing, alpine skiing, and trekking.
Tyin/Filefjell Ski Touring
- Difficulty: Medium
- Duration: 6 hours
- Location; Smeddalen; Galden – Tyinstølsnøe; Finndalshorn; Skørsnøse-Stølsnøse
- Degrees: Plus 5 to Minus 32 Degrees Celsius
For more options, see all our excursions.