Easter Holiday Jotunheimen (4 Days)
This Easter trip takes you from Oslo and straight into Jotunheimen where you can enjoy two full days of cross country skiing or snowshoeing. For those in good shape and with skiing experience, you will ski from cabin to cabin, and those with less experience can catch the Valdresekspressen between the cabins and enjoy the local slopes around the accommodations. This is an amazing trip if you want to experience a true Norwegian winter and Easter.
This trip includes transport from/to Oslo, transfers during the trip, accommodations, meals and luggage transport.
Alternatively, you could swap the skis for snowshoes and explore the areas around the accommodations, before you get the coach to the next lodge. This is also an amazing way to see Jotunheimen in winter, and no skiing experience is required.
Please get in touch if you wish to rent skis or snowshoes!
Accommodation, food and drinks:
- All accommodation included
- Food and drinks included and are served at accommodations
- “Hiking-Board” meal plan with 3 meals a day included in the price! For more information read more here.
- Transportation round trip Oslo-Bessheim, Bessheim-Bygdin and Bygdin-Oslo included
- We offer snowshoe rental
- For ski rental please get in touch with us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luggage transportation for all the stages are included
- 2x Bessheim
- 1x Bygdin
- Day 1: Valdresekspressen from Oslo to Bessheim
- Day 2: Cross country skiing around Bessheim
- Day 3: Coach to Bygdin and Cross country around Bygdin
- Day 4: Departure /or extra day at Bygdin add-on
- Day 5: Departure
Bessheim is a lovely mountain lodge located very close to Besseggen. Since its opening in 1890, Bessheim has welcomed tourists and travellers that have taken the journey to Valdres and along the National Tourist Road. It is known for its delicious cuisine, based on local produce and tradition, and considered one of the best places to eat in the area.
Bygdin hotel is located at the shore of Bygdin. It was built in the late 19th century and has witnessed the start of the tourist adventure in Jotunheimen. Lovely hosts welcome you to this traditional and historic hotel.
Relaxing Scenic Bus Ride
Ride with Valdresekspressen!
Enjoy the scenic journey from Oslo to the Valdres Region. After leaving the bustle of the capital you will soon find yourself on countryside roads passing through small towns and surrounded by lakes and fields. As you get further into the country, you will see the mountains in the distance and before you know you’ll find yourself climbing the steep roads that take you straight into the national park. The coach has adjustable seats, free WiFi, outlets with USB charging ports and toilet facilities on board.