Riding in the surroundings of Beitostølen, in the wilderness of the foothills of the Jotunheimen and Langsua national parks. The mysterious legends of the Trolls and the Giants.
The perfect outdoor adventure for those who want to experience more than a single day trip.
Maybe this is you and your family’s first overnight riding expedition? It’s also a perfect trip to take with friends, colleagues, or your partner. The pace of the trip is matched to the riding experience of the participants.
If you only have one day to spare, we also have our singel day horseback riding tour from Oslo.
Accommodation, food and drinks:
- Accommodation in the mountain cabin included
- Food and drinks are served throughout the tour (more information in the agenda)
- Hiking-Board” meal plan with 3 meals a day included in the price! For more information read more here.
- Bus transportation round-trip from Oslo to start and end of tour is available as addon
- Bring a smaller backpack for the overnight tour. Excess luggage can be stored at the farm.
- Day 1: Arrival and horse trekking to the mountains
- 08:40: Transfer from Oslo bussterminal. Available as addon
- 12:40: Light meal with food and drinks at arrival to Myhre Gård.
- Check equipment, clothes and pack and maintain the pack saddle. Meet the horses, and introduction with riding at the ranch.
- Horse trekking to the mountain area and the accommodations.
- Dinner at the accommodation
- Day 2: Horse trekking back to the farm and departure
- Breakfast and lunch box
- Trekking down the mountains back to the farm
- Lunch on the way back
- Bus from Myhre Gård to Oslo avaliable as addon
(Sundays: 16:15 → 20:17, Wednesday: 18:15 → 22:09)
The trek route departs from Myhre Gård, a farm close to Beitostølen and heads inland towards more mountainous terrain. Along the way you’ll enjoy great views towards the Jotunheimen and Langsua national parks. When joining the trip in Spring you’ll experience a lush green landscape, with new flora sprouting up contrasting the snowline high up in the big mountains. During the autumn, you’ll be riding through the beautiful autumnal colors with views to mountain peaks covered in fresh snow.
An experienced guide will meet and welcome you at the farm.
The guide will help you pack your equipment into the saddlebags, and after initial, necessary instructions, pair you up with a suitable horse according to your size and riding ability. You will then be shown how to prepare your four-legged companion for the trip.
The guide will also give you details about the forthcoming trek and will be happy to answer any questions you may have. It’s then time to mount-up and head off on the adventure trek.
During the tour we give the horses some snack and make sure they are comfortable, and the group will enjoy a hot meal and a warm drink.
Your guide will be happy to answer any questions about the horses or the local area. Usually they also have some good stories to tell about the area.
At the end of the day we arrive at the traditional mountain farm which will be our retreat for the night. There is no electricity in the cabin, but we guarantee a cozy warm atmosphere with candle lights and a fire place.
While you relax after a day in the saddle, you can listen to and watch the horses grazing outside in the mountain pasture.
The following morning your guide will meet you after breakfast. You will pack your things and groom and saddle the horses. Then it’s time to begin our trek back to the village.
The tours are divided into groups by level. For experienced riders we will increase the pace where it`s suitable. Be sure you list your riding ability at the time of booking.
Share the experience, and join by foot!
If you want to share this experience with your family or friends, but unsure whether riding is for you, instead of riding you can join the trip by foot, and take part in the other activities as normal.
Good to know
Our experienced guide will give your child a basic introduction on how to start, stop and steer the horse, before heading out on the trip. Older children and/or those with some experience and adults, can ride alone. However young children and inexperienced riders will have someone to lead their horse. This can be either a trekk assistant or a parent. Parents will get an introduction on how to lead the horse safely. If you want to ride yourself but would like one of the trek assistants to lead your child’s horse, please remember to book this in advance.
For more options, see all our excursions.