Tour de Dovre together with Mjølkevegen is amongst the best cycling routes Mountain-Norway has to offer. On this tour you really get to discover the best Dovefjell and Rondane got. The route is 132km, and has fantastic views and great cycling tracks.
For this 5 day cycling tour you will get multiple highlights along the route. In Dovre you can find everything from the world famous Viewpoint Snøhetta to moose safari and Musk Ox Safari.
Accommodation, food and drinks:
- All accommodation included
- Food and drinks are served at accommodations
- Hiking-Board” meal plan with 3 meals a day included in the price! For more information read more here.
- Bike rental included in the price. Upgrade to electric bike available as an addon.
- Transportation to and from the excursion is not included
- There is a train connection from Oslo to Dombås and Hjerkinn with NSB with several departures every day.
- Pick-up service from Hjerkinn included
- Your luggage is transported between all the accommodations
- From Hjerkinn Fjellstue to Grimsdalshytta
- From Grimsdalshytta to Trolltun
- From Trolltun to Hjerkinn Fjellstue
- Day 1: Arrival Hjerkinn Fjellstue (buffet)
- Recommended tour to Viewpoint Snøhetta
- Day 2: Cycling to Grimsdalshytta (3 course dinner)
- Distance: 55km. Height-difference: + 450m / – 500m.
- Day 3: Cycling to Trolltun (buffet/a la carte)
- Distance: 39km. Height-difference +540 / -740
- Day 4: Cycling to Hjerkinn Fjellstue (buffet)
- Distance: 33km. Height-difference + 340m / -80m
- Day 5: Departure from Hjerkinn Fjellstue
Tour de Dovre (TdD) is a partial unmarked cycling route on 130 kilometers.
Day 2: Hjerkinn Fjellstue – Grimsdalshytta
Hjerkinn – Folldal, around 26 km: This stage is a calm, asphalt stage with light traffic in the summer months. There is multiple places to stop and enjoy your lunch. As well in Folldal you can pass by mine museum.
Folldal – Grimsdalshytta, around 28km: You are now on “Nasjonal Turistveg Rondane” and will follow the signs to Grimsdalen. The route leads you through a beautiful valley. If the weather allows it, you will have a view of the 2000m peaks in Rondane.
Day 3: Grimsdalshytta – Trolltun
Grimsdalshytta – Dovre, around 30 km: From Grimsdalshytta The gravel road continues flat towards Grimsdalen and along the Grimsa river. You will pass fantastic summer mountain pastures before a you hit a steep climb up to the mountain side. After the peak you will follow the signs to Haverdelssetra for 12 km until the descent down to Dovre.
Dovre – Dombås, around 12 km: Almost at the bottom of the valley you will arrive at Tofte bridge. Cross the bridge and continue along the valley north to Dombås for about 11 km. After that its just a short ride towards E6 and Dombås center.
Day 4: Trolltun – Hjerkinn
From Dombås the tour will follow the “old mountain road”, the hiking and bike road across Dovrefjell. Its about 300m climb from Dombås to the mountain. The road is a gravel road marked as a national park road to the mountain top. There are several good location to stop for sightseeing, photos and lunch. Both to enjoy your packed lunch, or to buy something along the route. At Furuhaugli the road is marked with signs back to Hjerkinn Fjellstue. The route is fairly easy to follow without getting lost.
For more options, see all our excursions.