Jotunheimen Winter Base CampShare:
If you’re looking for a short getaway and to get as much out of your trip as possible, try our 3-day outdoor adventure!
Be at one with nature and spend a day exploring the winter wonderlands and a night in an open air camp. We have experienced guides ready to give you a once in a lifetime experience. The tours are small and exclusive with a maximum of 6 guests. We never camp at the same location, and adjust the tour to fit you and your experience!
The tours will be approximately 6 km each day, and include building and setting up a small base-camp out in the wild Norwegian winter landscape. Live and enjoy life without the daily facilities and modern equipment we are used to.
Welcome to winter wilderness!
Accommodation, food and drinks:
- All accommodation included
- Food and drinks included and served at accommodations
- “Hiking-Board” meal plan with 3 meals a day included in the price! For more information read more here.
- Bus transportation round-trip from Oslo to Bygdin available as add on.
- Bring your own, or rent a standard outdoor sleeping equipment package. The following equipment is in the package:
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping pad
- Thermo bottle
- Bivouac shoes
- Day 1:
- Arrival from Oslo to Bygdin, introduction and dinner at the hotel.
- Day 2:
- Breakfast, preparations at Bygdin.
- Snowshoeing around Bygdin area and setup a base camp. Sleepover at the camp
- Day 3:
- Breakfast and disassemble the camp
- Hiking back to Bygdin
- Lunch and shower at Bygdin
Jotunheimen Winter Base Camp Tour
- Ascent: 200-300 m
- Distance: 12 km
- Time total 8-9 hours of hiking (can be adjusted up or down to the groups fitness level)
- 1 night outdoor at the camp
Relaxing Scenic Bus Ride
Ride with Valdresekspressen!
Enjoy the scenic journey from Oslo to the Valdres Region. After leaving the bustle of the capital you will soon find yourself on countryside roads passing through small towns and surrounded by lakes and fields. As you get further into the country, you will see the mountains in the distance and before you know you’ll find yourself climbing the steep roads that take you straight into the national park. The coach has adjustable seats, free WiFi, outlets with USB charging ports and toilet facilities on board.
Book your winter adventure here:
For more options, see all our excursions.