Mountain Peak PackageShare:
We have handpicked our favourite peaks in Jotunheimen for this one mountain package! The stages can be long and challenging on their own, so make sure you know what you are signing up for. The views and trails are some of the best in the country. If you are looking for the best peaks to climb in Jotunheimen you have found the right package! We will hike across Østre Tofinnstind (2,120 m.a.s.l.), Mitre Torfinnstind (2,112 m.a.s.l.) and Vestre Torfinnstind (2,095 m.a.s.l.) from Bygdin. Together they are known under the name Torfinnstraversen. As well the famous peaks Uranostind and Falketind from Eidsbugarden. The peaks offer a fantastic panoramic view, as well the great experience in overcoming these giants peaks in Jotunheimen! This trip will require hiking, climbing, some crawling and rappelling!
The Mountain Peak Package itinerary is intended for adults in a good physical shape and condition, with previous hiking experience from alpine mountain areas. The tour is guided by experienced and licensed guides. Climb and rappel in the footsteps of Norwegian adventurers and pioneers and get ready for an unforgettable adrenaline rush adventure!
Accommodation, food and drinks:
- All accommodation included
- Food and drinks are served at accommodations
- “Hiking-Board” meal plan with 3 meals a day included in the price! For more information read more here.
- Bus transportation round-trip from/to Oslo to start and end of tour included.
- Transportation from end of route to start included.
- Luggage transportation for all the stages are included.
- Day 1: Bus from Oslo Busterminal to Bygdin Hotel
- Day 2: Torfinnstind traversen
- Day 3: Boat to Eidsbugarden
- Day 4: Glacier hike to peak Uranostind
- Day 5: Falketinden
- Day 6: Departure from Eidsbugarden to Bygdin by boat and to Oslo Busterminal by bus
- 1x night Bygdin Hotel
- 1x night Torfinnsbu DNT
- 3x nights Fondsbu DNT
- Guided Tour
- Difficulty: Demanding
- Distance: 10,5 kilometers (Out and back)
- Elevation Gain: 1200 meters
- Duration: 8-12 hours
Glacier Hike to Uranostind
- Difficulty: Challenging
- Duration: 10-11 hours
- Distance: 17 kilometers (Out and back)
- Elevation Gain: 1050 meters
The iconic Uranostind lies at 2,157 m.a.s.l. This demanding 10-11 hour hike is great for experienced hikers. The hike will take you past Urdadalsvannet on the way to Koldedalen. Once you reach the Glacier there will be a short change of equipment before the hike continues to Uraknatten and the climb to Uranostind. The trek takes you over crevasses, and you will do some easy climbing and then crawl out on the top ridge and admire the spectacular view from the summit. The weather at high altitudes in Norway can change quickly, and snowstorms can happen every month of the summer.
The hike is long, but the spectacular view at the summit is well worth the trip.
Glacier Hike to Falketind
- Difficulty: Demanding
- Distance: 13 kilometers (Out and back)
- Elevation Gain: 1000 meters
- Duration: 12 hours
- Audience: Experienced hiker
Falketind was first ascended in 1820 and was the first mountain of “alpine character ” to be climbed in Norway. This discovery is considered “the awakening of Jotunheimen”, as people became aware of the real potential and all the breadth of opportunities in the area. It is probably the most demanding, and at the same time best tour in Jotunheimen! A wonderful tour including crossing a glacier on the way up to the 2067 meter high peak. The last part is very steep and will require some crawling. The view from the peak is breathtaking, and the route in itself is as well scenic. The tour starts in Koldedalen and set off for a 12-13km hike to the peak. The tour is guided by our certified and experienced guides.
Book your mountain peak package now:
For more options, see all our excursions.