The tour includes transportation between the hikes and Bygdin. As well as the tickets for the three boat trips needed for this excursion. You can also add transfer to and from Oslo, making this a complete roundtrip from the Norwegian capital.
Accommodation, food and drinks:
- Accommodation at Bygdin Høifieldshotell included
- Food and drinks are served at Bygdin Høifieldshotell
- Hiking-Board” meal plan with 3 meals a day included in the price! For more information read more here.
- Day 1: Arrival to Bygdin
- Bus from Oslo Bussterminal at 13:05 to Bygdin with 4 hour 15 min transfer avaliable as addon. More departures avaliable on request.
- Day 2: Hiking – Svartdalen
- Boat from Bygdin to Torfinsbu
- Svartdalen hiking
- Boat from Gjendebu to Gjendesheim
- Bus from Gjendesheim back to Bygdin
- Day 3: Hiking – Besseggen
- Bus from Bygdin to Gjendesheim
- Boat from Gjendesheim to Memurubu
- Besseggen hiking
- Bus from Gjendesheim to Bygdin around 18:00
- Bus from Gjendesheim to Oslo around 18:00 avaliable as addon back in Oslo at 22:09
Accommodation – Bygdin Høifieldshotell
Bygdin Høifieldshotell is located 1065 meters above sea level, next to Bygdin lake and 12 km north of the tourist area Beitostølen. Just outside the door you will also find Jotunheimen National Park, with several different hiking tours and some of the highest mountains in Norway. The known Besseggen route starts only 20 km away. On Bygdin lake you will also find M/B Bitihorn, the local transportation boat from 1912 with 2 daily departures.
Bygdin Høifieldshotell has been operated since 1897. With this history you will find several extinguished rooms, some historical and some brand new. Some with a bath and shower, and some rooms with access to bath in the hallway. These rooms include a housecoat/robe and slippers. All rooms have access to sauna and shower in the first floor.
Bygdin Høifieldshotell try to keep the old style and atmosphere. Furnitures and other equipment around the building can be traces back through history and gives the building its soul.
There is also space for mountain boots, ski shoes, dining shoes, bikes and of course space for your dogs.
For more options, see all our excursions.